Are you an experienced Mechanic or a 4th Year Apprentice looking for an exciting career with a progressive, growing, and successful bulk transportation company?
Lomak is looking for a motivated and professional:
Journeyman Mechanic or 4th Year Apprentice
Based out of our Mackenzie, BC terminal and reporting to the Terminal Manager, the Mechanic will be a key player in the Maintenance Shop. The successful candidate is responsible for service operations by inspecting and maintaining equipment. This individual must be motivated while showcasing team cooperation.
Lomak offers a stable work environment with career development opportunities. This role will provide you with a chance to make a real difference in an exciting, progressive organization.
- Very competitive compensation package.
- RRSP contribution for every hour worked.
- Excellent benefits package including extended health benefits.
- Safety-wear allowance provided after one year of service.
- Shift schedule is Monday to Friday, subject to change.
- Relocation costs may be available
Duties and responsibilities
- Repair, troubleshoot, adjust, and maintain equipment;
- Follow safe work practices and shop procedures;
- Seals and bearings;
- Basic cutting and welding;
- Brakes (air and hydraulic);
- Frames, steering and suspension;
- Trailer repairs;
- Heating and refrigeration;
- Structural comp and accessories;
- Engines and supporting systems;
- Complete all required paperwork; and
- Performs shop clean-up and housekeeping responsibilities as well as other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- Completed 4th year of Commercial Transport Mechanic/ Heavy Duty Mechanic;
- Red Seal Commercial Transport Technician Certification;
- MVI Certificate would be an asset;
- Leadership & Communication skills;
- Time management;
- Dependable with the ability to problem solve;
- Team player;
- Positive attitude, work ethic, and job performance.
If you are interested in an exciting and rewarding opportunity in a progressive and reputable company, please submit your resume and a recent driver abstract in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.