Are you an experienced class 1 driver looking for an exciting career with a progressive, growing, and successful bulk transportation company with long term service contracts? Lomak is looking for motivated and professional:
Class 1 Drivers
Based out of our Prince George, BC terminal and reporting to the Driver Supervisor, these individuals must be motivated and have an excellent safe work record. Lomak conducts pre-employment medical & drug tests.
- Very competitive compensation rate;
- Paid wait-time;
- RRSP contribution for every hour worked;
- Excellent benefits package including dental, pharmaceutical, vision, orthodontic, paramedical and more;
- Driver incentives & safety incentives;
- Paid for in truck orientation with on-site driver trainers;
- New trucks every three years;
- Onsite fuel pad;
- Safety-wear allowance provided after one year of service;
- Represented by CLAC Union with an excellent labor relationship;
- No overnight trips, home every day;
- Shift schedule is typically Monday to Friday. Flexible work schedules are also available including 4 days on 4 days off.
Duties and responsibilities
- Safely operate and drive tractor – super B trailers;
- Follow safe work practices and procedures;
- Work safely and use appropriate PPE;
- Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, and brakes;
- Ensure that all customers, co-workers and the public are dealt with professionalism and courtesy;
- Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using communication devices.
- Class 1 driver’s license;
- Safety-minded and flexible;
- Positive attitude, dependable, strong work ethic, with integrity;
- Reliable team-player with the ability to problem solve and communicate.
Please submit your resume and a recent driver abstract in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.